Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Simple Stories: Faith

Hello...hope everyone had a good Easter (if you celebrate). We had family over to our house and I was grateful it was a beautiful day.  
Today I am sharing layouts I created with Simple Stories' Faith collection.  I absolutely love the colors of this line!  Who am I kidding, there isn't a Simple Stories line I don't love!  

For my first layout, "Child of God",  I used a beautiful photo of my niece on the day of her first communion. She is so photogenic and I love scrapping photos of her.  I began with the fun grey wood grain background and added the navy print at the bottom of my page. Of course, I had to add some stitching with my sewing machine!  


I layered my photo and 4x6 Journaling Elements along with the "I Am A Child of God" 3x4 Journaling Card for my title.  I then used a circular floral cut file with white cardstock and adhered in the center of my page. 

I added small embellishments such a chipboard, die cuts, enamel dots,  and decorative brads to accent the circle.


I am in love with the roller stamps that Simple Stories released last year!  I stamped some hearts along side the date on the side of my photo.

For my next layout, "He Knows", I used kraft cardstock as my background.  I love the feather print included in the Faith collection and wanted to use it with one of my favorite cut files (I Heart Plaid from The Cut Shoppe).  

I used the die cut and sticker feathers to accent as well as sentiment stickers to accent my photo.  I usually layer a lot but with this page, I felt like less is more. I wanted the focus to be the picture...its one of my absolute favorites from one of our trips to Haiti.

I used the "He Knows.." Cloud and Stars die cut as my title; I wanted to add some dimension so I "popped" it up with foam tape.

I typed out my journaling on white cardstock using my electric typewriter and cut into separate strips.


Thank you for stopping by!  Check out the Faith collection in its entirety by clicking HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment